As humorous as the quote above is, it taught me a very important lesson in my life. I can um up the lesson in one word: GOALS.
Goals are without a doubt the single most important criterion that determines the degree of success you experience in life.
A Harvard study has proven that those who set goals have more success than those who don’t
A survey was taken and the results were as follows:
- Only 3% of the graduates had written goals and plans;
- 13% had goals, but they were not in writing;
- And a whopping 84% had no specific goals at all.
10 years later, the same graduates were interviewed again. The findings, while somewhat predictable, were nonetheless remarkable:
- The 13% of the class who had goals were earning on average, twice as much as the 84% who had no goals at all.
- What about the 3% who had clear written goals and a plan to achieve them? They were on average earning 10 times as much as the other 97% combined!
It wasn’t until I was able to VISUALIZE my GOALS that I started to have more SUCCESS. It was amazing that anytime that I could clearly see it happening – it always did! So what are your goals? Have you taken the time to write out your own road map to success? If you don’t there is a good chance you will “end up somewhere else.”