If you don’t know where you’re going…

If you don’t know where you’re going, you will probably end up somewhere else.” ~ Yogi Berra

As humorous as the quote above is, it taught me a very important lesson in my life. I can um up the lesson in one word: GOALS.

Goals are without a doubt the single most important criterion that determines the degree of success you experience in life.

A Harvard study has proven that those who set goals have more success than those who don’t

A survey was taken and the results were as follows:

  • Only 3% of the graduates had written goals and plans;
  • 13% had goals, but they were not in writing;
  • And a whopping 84% had no specific goals at all.

10 years later, the same graduates were interviewed again. The findings, while somewhat predictable, were nonetheless remarkable:

  • The 13% of the class who had goals were earning on average, twice as much as the 84% who had no goals at all.
  • What about the 3% who had clear written goals and a plan to achieve them? They were on average earning 10 times as much as the other 97% combined!

It wasn’t until I was able to VISUALIZE my GOALS that I started to have more SUCCESS. It was amazing that anytime that I could clearly see it happening – it always did! So what are your goals? Have you taken the time to write out your own road map to success? If you don’t there is a good chance you will “end up somewhere else.”

Take the next 5 minutes and write down all of your goals – personal and professional. Comment below and share your ultimate business goal with us!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *